Azden’s most popular DSLR audio products are now compatible with Smartphones and Tablets! The SGM-990+i includes a new interface cable making it compatible with any mobile device with a TRRS jack. Record great audio into your iPhone® 3/4/5, iPad® (3rd generation and newer), Samsung Galaxy S® 3/4/5, Galaxy Tab® 3 and most Android™ devices.
The pick-up pattern of the built-in microphone on camcorders and DSLR cameras is omni-directional, meaning that it picks up all sounds in every direction equally, no matter which direction you point the camera. The SGM-990 is a 6″ long directional, or “zoom” microphone with 2 switchable sound pick-up patterns, “Long” and “Short.” Use “Long” to focus on your sound source or pick up sound from a distance. Use “Short” for when your sound source is close or covers a broader field. Both settings will provide rejection of unwanted sound from the sides and the back. The SGM-990 has a working range of 20-40 feet, uses 1 “AAA” battery, and comes with a windscreen, shoe mount and hook-and-loop mounting tape.
- Designed for high performance DSLR cameras
- Directional zoom microphone w/ 2 switchable pick-up patterns
- “Long” for super-cardioid and “Short” for cardioid
- Provides focused sound pick up with excellent side noise rejection
- Wide frequency response
- Powered by single AAA battery
- 3.5mm mini-plug output
- Comes with shock mount and windscreen
- Great for recording lectures, speeches, voice memos, interviews and more.
- Plug directly into smartphone or tablet
- Compatible with iPhone® 3/4/5, iPad® (3rd generation and newer), Samsung Galaxy S® 3/4/5, Galaxy Tab® 3 and most Android™ devices
- Works with most available recording apps
- TRRS adapter cable taps into your mobile device’s mic connection